I have been so unorganised this Christmas. I blame it on the illness that has taken over my life for the last few weeks (I finally have antibiotics to combat the lingering chest infection – yay!) and I also blame it on the 3 month old puppy that requires constant supervision because he is want to pee where ever he fancies. Chasing him round takes up a lot of time.
- 300g chocolate. I use milk but you could use dark
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto Liquor
- I pot of chopped up glacee cherries
What to do:
- Line an 8×8” cake tin with some tin foil.
- Smash your chocolate up into small pieces (don’t judge me but I love this bit) and put it in a medium/large saucepan.
- Add the can of condensed milk to the chocolate.
- Turn the gas on to a low heat and warm gently until everything has melted. Make sure that you keep stirring so that nothing burns (it’s really easy for it to catch!)
- When all the chocolate has melted take off the heat and add the cherries, vanilla and Amaretto. Stir really well to make sure that the liquids are fully combined.
- Pour into your cake tin and smooth the top.
- Leave to cool at room temperature and then pop in the fridge to set.
- Cut into bite size pieces and package for Christmas.