Happy Dryanuary suckers! Stop reading now if you’re giving up the booze for the month, because this will make you want to quit that crazy idea and have a tipple!
Over new year Jim’s sister, Jane, introduced me to my new all time favourite hot tipple – it’s hot apple juice with Amaretto and cream. It’s just the tastiest and most simple cocktail there is (and yes – i’m classing it as a cocktail because the cream is the 3rd ingredient!) but it looks awesome too.
What you’ll need;
- 200 ml of hot apple juice
- 150 ml amaretto
- 200 ml of double cream, whipped
- Cinnamon sticks and cinnamon to decorate
What you need to do;
- Heat the apple juice in a pan, but don’t bring to the boil.
- Whilst the apple juice is heating up whip up the cream (add a little dash of amaretto to the cream for an added kick!).
- Once the apple juice has heated up, add the amaretto and mix them together.
- Pour the hot apple and amaretto mix into a glass and top with the whipped cream.
- Dust with cinnamon and a cinnamon stick before serving.
- Serve hot and mix together whilst drinking.