Not to put too morbid a spin on things, but sometimes I can’t help but think about all the things I thought I’d have a lifetime of years, and money, to achieve – that I’m probably just going to have to abandon. Mostly because I’m never going to be able to afford to do all the things I want to do, and I am pretty sure I won’t have the holiday allowance from work.
Unfortunately, life doesn’t give you a get out clause when you get cancer – mortgages still need to be paid, and beer still needs to be bought, and a life needs to be lived, so I need to work to do all those things. All of which hinder me in living out my life full of adventure and excitement!
But in order to not lose my dreams to the ether, I have documented them here.
- Go to Copenhagen (to drink beer) – that beer festival Mikkeller run looks amazing, but discounting that, I’d just love to see the city!
- Visit Iceland – because it just looks absolutely amazing!
- Go snowboarding again.
- Go snowboarding in Japan – snowflakes the size of your hand! THE SIZE OF YOUR HAND!
- Own a drone – a photography one, obvz. Read more about that here
- Get my dogs trained – them not barking at animals on the TV, or each other, would be bliss!
- See my friends weddings.
- See my nephews grow up. Because they are super cute little dudes!
- Go to San Diego.
- Own a campervan – Read about that here.
- Get the swipe-up on Instagram and a blue tick on Twitter.
- Live by the sea, again. I just love the sea and I always dreamed I get to live by it again!
- Have a go at rally driving.
- Go to Glastonbury again.
- Brew a beer. Something fruity and Juicy – or maybe a banging sour!
- Learn to surf
- See and photograph the milky way – I wanted to in Mammoth, but it was cloudy EVERY night!
- Find my jewellery style!
- Get a new snowboard.
- Build a house (no, not on the Sims)
- Visit Hawaii – I really need a beach holiday and all those surfers would make a beautiful backdrop.
- Visit Cuba – I wish I’d gone 10 years ago, or 5 years ago……or at any point in my life so far!
- Eat at more Michelin star restaurants
- See penguins in the wild – I’ve always been a bit obsessed with penguins. I just love them.
- Do the Inca trail.
- Sail more – because it makes me happy.
- Live in the mountains again! No explanation is necessary, really.
- Go on a Safari. I want to see zebras and lions and elephants in their natural environment. But right now even the Yorkshire wildlife park would be ok!
See, far too many hopes and dreams for my bank balance. Although, I did think that I would never live to see us get a new kitchen, I mean, I thought that before cancer – but that’s done so, I’ve achieved that life goal.
Unless the euro millions win I’ve been eyeing up comes my way. In which case I’m buying a chalet in the mountains, a home by the sea and then working my way down the list one by one!
If you would like to help me achieve any of these dreams, drop me a line. I’d love to hear from you!