I made it a few months ago to take to dinner in Manchester but the snow on snakes pass ruined those plans so I ended up taking it to work for the guys there because as much as I’d like to eat the whole thing, alone, with a spoon, it really wouldn’t be a sensible idea! Unfortunately the guys at work loved it and I subsequently ended up getting requests to make another one last week for a birthday – but laced with glitter…….and it so many compliments that here’s the recipe for you too!
What you’ll need;
- 1 pre bought pastry case – I like this one!
For the lemon filling;
- The juice of 4 lemons
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 130 grams granulated sugar
- 80grams butter
- 3 large eggs and 3 large egg yolks
- Icing sugar/glitter/lemon rind
What you’ll need to do;
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place your pre-bought pastry case on a oven sheet covered in parchment paper. Yes – I use a pre bought pastry case. I have no time for making pastry……but if you do you probably have a recipe – if you’re lazy like me. Buy one.
- Grate the peel of one lemon and juice all four of the lemons.
- Add the sugar and the whole eggs and the egg yolks to a saucepan. Whisk them together.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan and stir them over a low heat until they are all combined. keep stirring until until the mixture thickens.
- Once it’s thickened, add the butter and mix until melted.
- Pour the lemon mix into the pastry case and cook in the over for 8-10 minutes.
- Just before you serve dust with a little icing sugar – or if you’re feeling fancy, glitter. And eat!
P.s. Sorry about the pictures – I hadn’t planned to blog it until I was asked for the recipe so these are just some I took trying out my new camera agggggges ago or phone pics!