For the base
- 200g self raising flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 120g soft butter
- 75ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 large apple – softened in butter and sugar.
- 150 – 200g blackberries.
- 100g plain flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g butter
- Cut the apple into little squares and soften in a pan with a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of brown sugar per apple used.
- Whilst the apples are softening a bit mix together the ingredients for the base. Once they are fully combined dollop into a lined square baking
tray (mine was 9inch square).
- Distribute the blackberries and the softened apples evenly over
the top of the cake mixture.
- Put all the topping ingredients into a bowl and rub together until they are
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees, or until the
topping is going a little bit golden brown.
- Eat. Eat and eat again. They would work wonderfully with some custard. I’m a huge fan of that thick vanilla custard they sell in pots at M&S.