The lovely Siobhan nominated me for a Liebster Award, and then randomly on the same day, so did Aarti. But as Siobhan’s was the first I saw, I’ve gone and answered her questions! But how lovely to be nominted twice!
Here are my answers and a few nominations and questions of my own too.
1. What is your favourite song of all time and why?
Of all time. That’s a tough one. It really is. Maybe ‘Wouldn’t it be nice’ by The Beach Boys. It never fails to make me smile. And I love pretty much everything by The Beach Boys. Plus it reminds me of some awesome road trips that I’ve taken.
2. If you had to only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Cheese. Always cheese. Cheese is pretty awesome isn’t it. 1, there are so many types of it, if I lived a LONG time I’d still not get bored of it. 2, you can melt it and it only gets better. 3, cheesecake! Need I go on?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I’m pretty sure any blogger who gets asked this question would say the same thing, the community around blogging. I’ve met so many amazing people through it. People who I may never meet in real life, people who I have, and 99% of them have been lovely. I love finding awesome new things, I love discovering new talents through tutorials, and I love the fact that blogs are now my go to recipe books and I even love that blogger envy you get when someone’s life just seems oh so amazing!
I also love that happy feeling you get when you seen that you’ve got a comment and it’s not spam!
4. Why did you get into blogging?
I can’t really remember how I started blogging, I remember stumbling upon a few when I worked at the magazine in Leeds and they’d be my lunchtime read. They were mostly american blogs of people in fun places I dreamt of running away to (running away was a huge ambition of mine then) but one day I just decided I’d give it a go. My readership was probably zero at the time, my words and pictures were shit, but it was such a tumultuous time in my life that it felt nice to have a space that none of my real life friends knew about. I kept it secret for such a long time too!
5. What is your favourite band at the moment?
I don’t think I have a favourite. I’m stuck in a huge music rut at the moment and sometimes it feels like my ipod hasn’t been updated since the late 90’s when I get a back to back string of the Charlatans, The Bluetones and Ash. But I love it when The Gaslight Anthem, or Ryan Adams, or The Vaccine, or even Taylor Swift comes on!
6. What is your favourite book you have read this year?
I’ll be honest with you, reading hasn’t been high on my priority list so far this year, but I just finished The Goldfinch and loved that!
7. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Vancouver. I’ve never been but just the fact it’s near the mountains, and on the sea, makes it seem wholly perfect!
8. Have you got any ‘lucky’ items of clothing?
Nope. I tend to throw on anything that fits me in a round about way. I once had a lucky blanket as a kid but that was it.
9. What is your favourite season?
Winter. But only when it does it right. This winter has been a shambolic let down what was with all the rain and wind. That is not what we signed up for with winter was it? We signed up for some snow. I don’t even want a lot of it – just a weeks worth would have been nice thankyouverymuch. I’m pinning my hopes on the summer to make up for winters mistakes.
10. What would be your dream job?
I think a job that meant I could spend all my winters in the mountains would be ace. Not on the slopes every day (my knees would hate that) but I just love the lifestyle so being up in a resort would b my dream job. One day when we win the lottery or something I’d love to own a ski chalet (or an empire of them).
And here goes with my questions;
1. What is your favourite post on your blog? And why?
2. Who are your favourite, must read, bloggers?
3. If you ever get a lazy, nothing to do day, what would be your ideal way to spend it?
4. What are your blog goals for 2014?
5. White, milk or dark chocolate?
6. What is your can’t do without make-up item?
7. If you could pick someone from a book/tv show to be your best friend, who would you want it to be and why?
8. What is your favourite thing about living here?
9. Where is the coolest place you’ve ever been?
10. What is your favourite social media platform?