Last week Helen at Postcards from the Edge nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award. She’s just returned from an amazing looking trip to Thailand – jealous, moi, no.
So, for the Kreativ award, I have to tell you 7 things about me, and then nominate some blogs that I’d like to hear more about.
Here are 7 facts about me, you might or might not care to know……
- I really dislike tea and coffee. Like really don’t like them. When I lived in Mammoth my friend Olivia worked at a coffee shop, and she used to let me try various blends all the time – I didn’t like a single one, but we did discover that I love the smell of coffee. And before you ask – I get my caffeine shots from Coke Zero.
- And on the same theme, I really don’t like roasted meats, like beef and lamb – making Sunday lunches a bit of a nightmare for me. My mum usually (calls me a pain and then) cooks me a little chicken breast. It’s the texture though, even thinking about it makes my mouth go all weird. Ugh. There it goes. In fact, if bacon didn’t taste so good, I could give up meat all together – fish on the other hand, I couldn’t live without.
- I love Cornwall. Its where I spent all my holidays as a child and where the boat still is. If I could afford it I’d make sure I had a place down there for escapes. I want to get more time for little escapes sailing if I can. Maybe take the boy? See if he has his sealegs?
- I am a totally history geek – yes, I did a history degree, but since I finished, I’ve taken to reading history books for fun. Right now I am battling my way through Anthony Beevors Spanish Civil War book – I never learnt anything about the Spanish Civil War, so it’s hard going, but interesting.
- The place I am happiest I think, still, is in my car. It makes me feel free being in there. And to top it off it houses my shoe collection, my handbag collection and doesn’t complain when I sing super loudly.
- I am a crazy early riser. I always have been. I’m one of those people who tends to wake up before my alarm. I’m just no good at sleeping in. (I think it’s the light, because it’s kind of better in winter; not lots, but a bit) And when I have a hangover it’s even worse – which is fun when all you want to do is sleep off the vodka head! It also annoys Jim as he’s a late riser, late night kind of guy and I’m always bright and awake and half way through my day when he gets up!
- One day I will own a beach house. And it will be such a clichéd beach house, with white washed wood and blues and turquoises and it will feel like holidays all the time. Lizzie knows the way it’ll look – just like the houses in our beach style books. (If only the ex hadn’t stolen my huge Taschen one – oh, how i loved that book!)